I just made these and tried them hot from the oven and they are divine! It was a bit of an experiment since I couldn't find a recipe for oreo brownies that I liked, so I came up with something and was very nervous but it worked out really well. They are moist and gooey in the middle, and a little crisp and chewy around the edges - the perfect combination. And with the added crunch from the whole oreos and cookie pieces (yes, there are crushed Maryland cookies in here too!), and the soft chocolate chips they have amazing texture. Everyone should go and make these right now, you won't be disappointed.
- 250g salted butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of milk
- 100g milk chocolate chips
- few Maryland double chocolate chip cookies
- 12 oreos
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a baking dish.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Whisk in the beaten eggs then stir in the melted chocolate.
4. Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder until mixed well.
5. Stir in a dash of milk to make the mix creamier, then add half of the chocolate chips (50g) and a few (about 4) crushed Maryland cookies and mix until well combined.
6. Pour this brownie mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Press 12 oreos into the mixture.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for around 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, and bake again for a further minute or two.
8. Leave to cool for a few minutes then cute into 12 brownies and serve hot or leave to cool further.