Makes 8 goujons
- 8 good quality mini chicken fillets
- handful of plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 slices of wholemeal seeded bread
- handful of freshly chopped parsley
- olive oil
1. Take 3 shallow bowls and fill one with flour - season well.
2. Fill another with the beaten egg.
3. In a food processor, blitz the slices of bread until crumbed, then mix with seasoning, and the chopped parsley, and add to the third bowl.
4. Take a chicken fillet and first, dip in the bowl of flour, coating the chicken (this helps the egg to stick).
5. Next, dip and coat in the beaten egg, then into the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
6. Set aside, and continue this process with the rest of the fillets.
7. In a large pan, heat some olive oil, then fry the chicken goujons, turning when one side is crisp and golden.
8. Cook for about 20 minutes on a medium-high heat to ensure the chicken is cooked through, and to get the breadcrumbs perfectly crunchy.