These sweet, fruity muffins are so light and full of flavour - perfect for summer. They are delicious fresh out of the oven, but still have a crisp top and juicy, moist inside when cooled. They are super easy to whip up so give them a try, they will not disappoint.
Makes 12 muffins
- 110g butter
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125ml milk
- 225g fresh blueberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, and line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Whisk in the eggs, then add the flour and baking powder, mixing well.
4. Stir in the milk until the mixture is smooth. Fold in 3/4 of the blueberries.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases about 2/3 full.
6. Press the remaining blueberries evenly into the mixture in each muffin case.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until risen and golden brown. Cool on a wired rack.