EAT RAINBOW LOVE


University of Birmingham graduate with a passion for food & cooking as part of a healthy lifestyle

Twitter: @EatRainbowLove
Instagram: lottierainbow

Monday 28 May 2012

Sun-dried tomato, spinach and feta pasta salad

Mmmmm. This is actually a picture I took in 2010! I ate this at a picnic outside Windsor castle. It is a re-creation of my favourite MandS pasta salad because, let's face it, it is probably a lot cheaper to make from scratch... It has all my favourite Italian flavours in it; I particularly love the red pesto as I don't usually have this often. A perfect lunch for this amazing sunny, hot weather we're having in England, and can easily be prepared the night before.

Serves 2
- 180g pasta shapes (e.g. fusilli)
- generous amount of red pesto (the sun-dried tomato flavour)
- handful of spinach, torn
- feta, cut into cubes
- sun-dried tomatoes, sliced 
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil, torn (optional)

I haven't given specific quantities because I didn't really measure them - just add as much as you like. E.g. if you like a lot of sauce then add more pesto, or if you find sun-dried tomatoes too rich then only add a few etc.

1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, and leave to cool.
2. Stir in the pesto until the pasta is coated, then add all the other ingredients and mix together. Season to taste and refrigerate in a tupperware until needed!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment