Makes about 9 flapjacks
- 125g margarine, plus extra for greasing
- 50g butter
- 75g soft, brown sugar
- 55g runny honey
- 100g dried prunes (pitted), chopped
- 40g mixed dried fruit (raisins, saltanas etc.)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp golden linseeds (flax)
- 225g oats
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180 degrees and grease a square or rectangular tin (e.g. 10.5 x 6.5 inches)
2. Over a low heat, melt the margarine, butter, sugar (leaving a little bit left) and honey in a pan, stirring until fully melted and the sugar dissolved.
3. Stir in the prunes, dried fruit, seeds and oats until fully mixed and coated.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin, flattening with the back of a wooden spoon. Sprinkle over the remaining sugar and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and cut into squares/rectangles, and leave to cool in the tin.