(I only took one photo when out of the oven - apologies!)
Super easy, delicious food that everyone will love. A twist on a good old spag bol - take an exciting, different pasta like conchiglioni (large pasta shells) and bake with mozzarella and fresh basil!
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- jar of good pasta sauce (I used Sacla with whole tomatoes in - see pic below)
- glug of balsamic vinegar
- 350g conchiglioni (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of cheddar cheese, grated
1. For the bolognese part, brown the mince in a large pan then add the garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions.
3. When the mince mixture is cooked through, add the sauce, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain and mix with the bolognese mixture.
6. Pour everything into a baking dish and top with the slices of mozzarella and torn basil leaves. Don't forget to grate some cheddar on top too.
7. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown on top.