Wasn't really sure what to call these - I thought I was just making shortbread, but the way I piped the biscuit and put chocolate on some of them makes them more like viennese biscuits. Not much to say about these other than that they were divine buttery, sugary delights! Really light but still comforting, so a definite winner. The reason why only some of the biscuits are dipped in chocolate is because these were soo fragile - they kept breaking when I was covering them in chocolate ahh! Shortbread is meant to be crumbly but I think I must have made these slightly too thin...
Makes about 16
- 100g butter
- 25g golden caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g plain chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 3 and line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the flour to make a fairly stiff dough.
4. Place the mixture in a piping bag with a star nozzle and pipe about 16 fingers onto the baking sheets.
5. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until pale golden. Leave to cool.