Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 pack of Sainsbury's ready rolled herb puff pastry
- 250g lean minced pork
- 100g lean bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch grated nutmeg
- salt and pepper
1. Remove pastry from the fridge 20 minutes before use, and pre-heat the oven to 200 degree / gas mark 6
2. Mix the mince, bacon, onion, breadcrumbs, 3/4 of the egg, nutmeg and seasoning together until well combined.
3. Unroll the pastry and cut in half lengthways. Spread half the filling along the centre of each pastry strip. 4. Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, leaving the join underneath.
4. Using a sharp knife cut each length into 10, and make 2 shallow cuts into the top of each. Brush with the remaining beaten egg.
5. Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.