Monday, 4 March 2013
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut in half
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 75g dried apricots, quartered
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp turmeric
- lemon juice
- cous cous, to serve
1. Fry the chicken thighs in olive oil for 5-10 minutes, or until browned on both sides.
2. Add the garlic and onion and cook for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add in the apricots and cinnamon and stir.
4. Mix the turmeric into the prepared chicken stock and pour into the pan.
5. Bring to the boil, then cook for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside, keeping hot.
7. Raise the heat and reduce the sauce until it is fairly thick and syrupy.
8. Meanwhile, cook the cous cous according to packet instructions.
9. Add the lemon juice to the sauce, then serve up the cous cous, with the chicken thighs placed on top, and pour over the sauce. Serve immediately.