This is one of my favourite things to cook at uni!
It's quite simple, and uses a lot of store-cupboard ingredients which is always handy
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 15g butter
- 250g beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 rashers of bacon (preferably smoked), sliced
- 50g mushrooms, sliced (I usually use more than this)
- 100g rice (I use wholegrain)
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes (I use a whole tin otherwise it would go to waste...)
- 1/2 beef stock cube, dissolved in 200ml of water
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- Handful of grated cheddar
1. Brown the mince in the butter, then add the bacon and onions.
2. Once cooked, add the mushrooms, then stir in the rice until coated in the mince mixture.
3. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and the stock cube mix.
4. Add the herbs and season to taste.
5. Stir, bring to the boil, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked (no crunch).
6. Don't forget the grated cheese!
Simple as that! Enjoy :)