Sunday, 8 July 2012
Pan-fried duck breast and noodles with plum sauce
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 duck breasts (with the fat)
- 1 pack of egg noodles
- range of stir-fry vegetables (see above for details)
- plum and hoisin sauce
1. In a large shallow pan, heat the oil and fry the ginger for a few minutes.
3. Heat some olive oil in a wok and stir-fry the vegetables for a few minutes. Add the noodles and cook for another few minutes, then add the sauce and continue to cook on a low heat.
4. Turn the duck breasts over and cook for around 5 minutes. Cut open to check the colour inside - depending on how you like it, cook for longer or serve. I found that it wasn't cooking so well in the pan so we put it in the oven for around 5-10 minutes on 200 degrees, then returned to the pan fat-side down to crisp up again.
5. Once everything is cooked to your preference, Serve the stir fry and place the duck breast cut into diagonal strips on top.