- 125 margarine/butter (or both)
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp semi skimmed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the frosting
- 50g butter (I always use lurpak slightly salted cause think it tastes the best)
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 125g full fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- pink food colouring
- edible glitter
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees / gas mark 5. Line a cupcake tray with cases.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the egg then fold in the flour and baking powder.
3. Add the milk and vanilla essence and beat until fully combined and smooth.
4. Spoon into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden brown. Leave to cool.
5. Meanwhile, to make the cream cheese frosting, beat the butter and gradually add the icing sugar until light. Whisk in the cream cheese until light and fluffy.
6. Transfer half the frosting mixture into another bowl and add the jam and a few drops of food colouring, stirring until fully mixed.
7. In a piping bag with a large, star shaped nozzle, spoon raspberry frosting on one side of the bag and the plain frosting on the other (if you are using a tube syringe instead of a piping bag like i did, then alternating the different frostings on top of one another works just as well). Pipe generous swirls on top of the cupcakes.
8. Don't forget to sprinkle with glitter!
*These will last for up to 3 days - keep them in a cool place in an airtight container - don't forget there is cream cheese in the frosting so they will go off quicker!*