This chicken had loads of flavour, was really moist, and went perfectly with the crisp, smoky pancetta. I roasted onions with the legs for extra flavour, and served it with pesto mash (see next post), and green vegetables. I do prefer using chicken breasts and stuffing them with ingredients such as spinach and feta, or gorgonzola and cranberry, and then wrapping in bacon - but this is a good alternative - and less fiddly!
- 2 large chicken legs
- olive oil
- garlic granules
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 6 rashers of pancetta
1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees.
2. In a roasting dish, drizzle olive oil and rub the chicken legs until coated. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and garlic granules.
3. Place the onion chunks in the dish around the chicken, and brush with olive oil.
4. Wrap each chicken leg with 3 rashers of pancetta.
5. Roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the pancetta is crisp