I am a huge cheese lover so for me there is no better lunch than an oozy baked Camembert with caramelised onion chutney and crusty bread. This is really simple and easy but is packed full of flavour and is perfect for a special treat. I made the ham, cheese and chive bread to go with the Camembert - recipe in my next post!
Serves 2-4 people
- 1 whole Camembert
- 2 garlic cloves
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- dash of olive oil
- caramelised onion chutney (Sainsbury's taste the difference one is perfect!)
- fresh bread or breadsticks
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Remove all of the plastic packaging from the Camembert and place back in its wooden box.
3. With a sharp knife cut about 6 slits into the cheese. Crush or chop the garlic and push into the slits.
4. Pull the thyme leaves off the sprig and roughly tear. Push these into the slits as well and sprinkle some on top.
5. Drizzle the Camembert with olive oil then place in the oven to cook for around 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted all the way through.6. Remove from the oven and open the harder top of the cheese and top generously with caramelised onion chutney. Dip in warm, crusty bread!