If you love cheesecake now, you will love it even more after trying this. It is so delicious! I've wanted to make this for a while since I love the honeycomb cheesecake from Prezzo - and I will definitely be making this time and time again, particularly because it's so quick and easy as well. The biscuit base was a little crumbly, but it didn't detract from the amazing flavour or the creamy, soft texture. I just used Cadbury crunchie bars as the honeycomb but you can use any kind, or make your own. This dessert will definitely impress!
- 200g milk chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 50g butter
- 150ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- drop of vanilla essence
- 200g good quality cream cheese
- 2 Cadbury crunchie bars (or any honeycomb), roughly chopped
1. Grease a circular loose-bottomed tin, or line a normal circular tin with grease proof paper.
2. Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuit. Press into the tin until compact and set aside.
3. Whisk the double cream with the icing sugar until thick consistency, and add the vanilla essence.
4. Beat the cream cheese in a separate bowl then stir into the cream and sugar mixture until combined.
5. Stir in half of the chopped honeycomb/crunchie bar then spread evenly on top of the biscuit base.
6. Sprinkle the remaining honeycomb on top of the cheesecake, then chill in the fridge for an hour or two.