Once again, sorry for the un-appetising photos but there's no pleasant way to photograph any sauce that has leeks and mushrooms in ha... This was something I threw together at the last minute and it turned out really well in the end. I called it a casserole but it doesn't even go in the oven so it's really simple and quick to make but tastes delicious. It's made with chicken thighs which I love as they're so tender. Best served with rice!
- olive oil
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut in half
- plain flour
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 rashers of bacon, chopped
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 100ml white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried parsley or mixed herbs
1. Heat some olive oil in a pan and coat the chicken thighs in some flour - cook the chicken thighs in the oil until golden brown. Set aside.
2. Next, fry the bacon, leek and mushrooms in the pan until softened. Pour in the wine and chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes. (Meanwhile, cook the rice in a separate pan)
3. Return the chicken to the pan and add the herbs and seasoning. Cook for a further 5 minutes then serve with the rice.