January is a great time to whack out the blender and detox with nutritious and delicious smoothies (but beware they do contain a lot of sugar) - and lucky for you, this one doesn't contain spinach or kale like my other recipes - although if you want a green kick then feel free to throw some in for extra nutrition!
I'm using Juice Plus Complete vanilla shake powder in mine as a nutritional supplement, so if you are a Juice Plus user then this is a great smoothie recipe for you, but most of you who don't have this, this smoothie is just as fab on its own and has a lovely sweet flavour - with four different fresh fruits, what could be a better way to start your day, or as a nutritious snack!?
Makes 1 large smoothie (about 500ml)
- 3-4 spoonfuls of low fat natural yogurt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 pineapple rings, chopped, plus some of the juice (use tinned pineapple)
- handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- handful of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- half a scoop of Juice Plus Complete vanilla flavour (optional)
- about 100ml of cold water (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)
1. Add the yogurt to the blender, then add the banana, pineapple (plus some of the juice) and the berries.
2. Add the Juice Plus powder if using (or any other supplement like protein etc.)
3. Top off with the cold water then blend for a minute, or until completely smooth!