Kick start the New Year with a health boost, perfect for those detox days
I'm already a lover of fresh spinach in smoothies (just add a handful to any kind and it shouldn't taste too different but is really good for you) and only recently tried adding kale. I've always heard how good it is for you - calcium, B vitamins (folic acid), anti-oxidants (lutein), vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, so decided to give it a try. I now love adding it (even though it makes the smoothie a horrible brown colour) and have come up with a recipe below that I hope everyone else can enjoy too!
- 2 spoonfuls of low fat natural yogurt
- handful of frozen berries
- half a tin of chopped pineapple (or fresh)
- handful of raw, curly leaf kale
- pumpkin seeds or other seeds (optional)
- dash of ice cold water
Simply blend all together until smooth!