Oreo's and cheesecake - does it get any better?
Warning: you will want to eat the whole thing.
This recipe is basically the same one as I created for the honeycomb/Crunchie bar cheesecake which you can find here. This one is even more delicious though, it will make a perfect dessert for a dinner party or just for a Friday night in... It is really quick and simple to make as it is a no-bake-cheesecake, unlike this bad boy. Make sure you crumble the Oreo's on top just before serving because the longer they are on top of the creamy filling, the softer they will go and although it still tastes great a day or two later, it is better with a biscuity crunch on top!
- 200g dark chocolate digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 50g slightly salted butter (plus more if the biscuit isn't sticking together very well)
- 150ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- drop of vanilla essence
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 and a half packs of Oreo's
1. Grease a circular loose-bottomed tin, or line a normal circular tin with grease proof paper.
2. Melt the butter and mix with the crushed biscuit. Press into the tin until compact and set aside.
3. Whisk the double cream with the icing sugar until thick consistency, and add the vanilla essence.
4. Beat the cream cheese in a separate bowl then add the cream and sugar mixture and stir until combined.
5. Roughly crumble one pack of Oreo's with your fingers.
6. Stir the crumbled Ore's into the cheesecake mixture, then spread on top of the (buttery) biscuit base.
7. Leave in the fridge for a few hours then carefully take the cheesecake out of the tin and place on a serving plate.
8. Place an Oreo in the centre of the cheesecake, then crumble half a pack (or as much as you want) all over the top, then slice and serve!