A twist on the classic beef bolognese!
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- mixed dried herbs
- salt & pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- cheddar or parmesan cheese, to garnish
1. In a large saucepan, brown the pork mince in olive oil. Then add the onion, garlic and bacon. Stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in salted, boiling water for about 10 minutes, or according to packet instructions.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, herbs, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar to the mince mixture and mix together thoroughly, bringing to the boil then simmering for a further 10 minutes.
4. When the spaghetti is cooked, drain, and dish up.
5. Top with the mince and sprinkle with some grated cheese!