A perfect, quick mid-week meal - very tender and full of flavour!
The best part for me was having leftovers and making a lamb steak sandwich the next day...
- olive oil
- 4 lamb steaks
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 red onion, quartered
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees and drizzle some olive oil in a small roasting tin. Place in the oven to heat up whilst you prepare the lamb.
2. Coat the lamb steaks in the wholegrain mustard. Feel free to cut the fat off the lamb if you prefer - I kept it on for extra flavour and some of it crisped up which tasted great, but you can just cut off the fatty parts when eating.
3. Remove the tin from the oven and place the lamb steaks in the hot oil. Spread the crushed garlic on top of the lamb and sprinkle with plenty of fresh rosemary, tearing with your fingers. Place the quartered onion around the lamb steaks and drizzle with some extra olive oil.
4. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or longer, depending on how you like your lamb.