EAT RAINBOW LOVE


University of Birmingham graduate with a passion for food & cooking as part of a healthy lifestyle

Twitter: @EatRainbowLove
Instagram: lottierainbow

Sunday 25 March 2012

Bacon and parsley beef burgers

I love making beef burgers from scratch, mainly because I get to smoosh raw beef mince around in a bowl with my hands (haha), but also because it just tastes so much better! You can put any herbs you want in and can even stuff them with cheese (I want to stuff the patties with gorgonzola or brie next time mm). When I've made these in the past I've always added breadcrumbs for extra texture, and used a beaten egg to bind the ingredients but this time I didn't add the breadcrumbs and I just used a dash of olive oil instead of egg and it worked fine and hey, I saved an egg... I love the flavour that the smoked bacon gives and parsley compliments it really well (and its my favourite herb).
I apologise for not having any good pictures of the beef burgers when they're cooked - the electric lighting does not agree with my camera and it is almost impossible to take still, clear photos. So they looked far better than in the picture below! We served the beef burgers on ciabatta, with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato and ketchup. Delicious Friday night treat!

Makes 2 large beef burgers, or 4 small/medium
- 300-400g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 3 rashers smoked bacon, fried and chopped
- lots of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- dash of olive oil for binding (plus extra for frying)
- whatever bread/bap you want and fillings like cheese, salad and sauces!

1. Mix together the mince, onion, garlic, bacon, parsley and seasoning in a large bowl until evenly combined.
2. Break into 2 or 4, drizzle with olive oil, and shape into patties.
3. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add the beef patties, cooking for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (cut one open and check!). Cook for less if you like them rare and longer if you prefer them well done.
4. Serve in ciabatta/bap/bread with the fillings and sauces of your choice.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment