My boyfriend and I love Toblerone so when I came across this recipe I just had to try it! Making chocolate mousse is really simple, with only 3 ingredients, buuuuuut I recommend you buy a whisk or electric hand whisk because I was only equipped with a fork and making 'stiff peaks' in the egg whites was a challenge to say the least! Nonetheless, it still worked perfectly - this dessert is deliciously creamy, rich and soft. It topped off our salami pasta bake nicely (will post this recipe as well!) You can use any chocolate you like with this recipe; normal cooking chocolate, or anything - I think Cadbury's Wispa would taste yum. However, I liked the Toblerone because it left crunchy bits of almond nougat in the mousse giving it an interesting texture. But don't worry it still has that smooth, airy chocolate mousse texture that everyone loves.
- 200g Toblerone, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs, separated
- 125ml whipping cream
1. Melt 150g of the Toblerone, stirring so it doesn't burn. Cool slightly.
2. Stir the egg yolks into the melted chocolate. Whip the cream until thickened, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, then lightly fold into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into 4 glasses or bowls and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
4. Decorate with the remaining Toblerone, and serve.