EAT RAINBOW LOVE


University of Birmingham graduate with a passion for food & cooking as part of a healthy lifestyle

Twitter: @EatRainbowLove
Instagram: lottierainbow

Sunday 4 March 2012

Chocolate creme oreo brownies

I very rarely bake brownies because I can never seem to get them the right texture or consistency. I baked some for a friends birthday and was adamant that they weren't cooked so I kept putting them back in the oven. Once cooled we were practically eating rocks - delicious rocks but still, the texture clearly wasn't right! Another time, I made some chocolate and raspberry brownies with my friends, which again, were delicious, but were far too gooey.

So anyway I decided to try and give it another go, but again, I struggled a lot with the consistency/texture of the brownies. I did turn the oven down but still I was left with sponge round the edges and goo in the middle. However, this is how most people like brownies and it is brilliant for a dessert hot out the oven with ice cream. But, it isn't the sort of brownie that can be easily cut up into squares and eaten over 2 or 3 days! Maybe I should stick to cupcakes...

**okay just realised the oven had broken halfway through cooking and I didn't even realise - long story! - these will cook fine in that case... oh student kitchens...**

Here is the recipe I used:
- 100g chocolate (I used cadburys milk chocolate giant buttons)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar (soft brown sugar would have probably been better)
- 3 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 pack of chocolate creme oreos, crushed

1. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a pan over a low heat.
2. Take off the heat and stir in the sugar and beaten egg.
3. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and crushed oreos.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes - mine took so much longer so maybe turn the oven temperature down and adjust cooking time accordingly.
6. Leave to cool in the baking tin.
If you use soft brown sugar instead of caster, maybe some dark chocolate instead of milk, and your oven doesn't break halfway through then these would be perfect!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment