Sunday, 4 March 2012
Chocolate creme oreo brownies
So anyway I decided to try and give it another go, but again, I struggled a lot with the consistency/texture of the brownies. I did turn the oven down but still I was left with sponge round the edges and goo in the middle. However, this is how most people like brownies and it is brilliant for a dessert hot out the oven with ice cream. But, it isn't the sort of brownie that can be easily cut up into squares and eaten over 2 or 3 days! Maybe I should stick to cupcakes...
**okay just realised the oven had broken halfway through cooking and I didn't even realise - long story! - these will cook fine in that case... oh student kitchens...**
Here is the recipe I used:
- 100g chocolate (I used cadburys milk chocolate giant buttons)
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g caster sugar (soft brown sugar would have probably been better)
- 3 eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 pack of chocolate creme oreos, crushed
1. Melt the chocolate and the butter in a pan over a low heat.
2. Take off the heat and stir in the sugar and beaten egg.
3. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and crushed oreos.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes - mine took so much longer so maybe turn the oven temperature down and adjust cooking time accordingly.
6. Leave to cool in the baking tin.