You know you want me
I even have white chocolate chips in
I am the ultimate chocolatey, gooey brownie
There is no going back this Easter
Makes 12 sensational brownies
- 185g dark chocolate- 185g slightly salted butter
- 85g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 225g caster sugar
- 75g white chocolate chips- 6 Cadbury creme eggs
(Make sure you get the best ingredients like Belgian cooking chocolate, the cheap stuff won't taste the same!)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a deep, rectangular baking tin.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring continuously. Leave to cool to room temperature (and try not to eat it all).
3. In a small bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
4. Take a large bowl, and whisk the eggs with the sugar until foamy and doubled in size - this may take a while and test the arm muscles!
5. Fold the cooled chocolate and butter mixture into the egg mix until combined.
6. Next, add the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold until smooth. Add around 50g of the white chocolate chips and stir.
7. Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tray, top with half of the remaining chocolate chips and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, chop the creme eggs in half.
9. Remove the tray from the oven and gently place the 12 creme egg halves in rows of 4. Sprinkle with the remaining white chocolate chips, and bake in the oven for another 10 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the tray - the brownie will be very gooey in the middle, don't worry, it will be cooked and it will set more as it cools.
11. When cooled, cut into 12 brownies and oooo and aaahhhh over one, eat, then repeat.
For another super quick, easy and delicious Easter treat, try these no bake chocolate biscuit squares!