Inspired by a Sainsbury's recipe card, I whipped up the most delicious spaghetti.
So simple - smoked bacon, peas & spinach mixed with spaghetti just with a little olive oil and some cheddar
The best part is the oozing yolk of the poached egg
And the garlic with the smoked bacon, ooof.
- 200g spaghetti
- 4 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped (I used the Sainsbury's be good to yourself smoked medallions)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 125g frozen peas
- olive oil
- generous handful of extra mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g fresh spinach leaves
- 2 eggs
- black pepper
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, fry the smoked bacon and garlic until cooked then keep warm.
3. When the spaghetti is 5 minutes from being cooked, add the peas to the same pan. When both the pasta and peas are cooked, drain and return to the pan.
4. Add the bacon and garlic to the pasta and peas, drizzle with some olive oil, and add the grated cheddar and the spinach. Over a low heat, stir until combined and heated through. Serve onto some pre-heated plates to keep warm.
5. Bring a pan of water to the boil and gently crack in both eggs - poach for two minutes then remove from the water with a slotted spoon and place on some kitchen paper to drain before carefully placing on top of the pasta. Finish with some black pepper, and voila!