The quickest, most delicious chocolate treats that you will want to make them time and time again.
Top with mini eggs or these cute flower decorations (from Sainsbury's) for Easter/Spring!
This is a recipe I've posted before - I named them Chocolate Smartie Squares because I usually top them with smarties: find here!
Makes 16 squares
- 50g margarine
- 150g dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 16 mini eggs or edible flower decorations
- edible glitter (optional)
1. Line a square tin (7 inch) with grease proof paper, and grease with margarine. (make sure the paper sticks up out the sides of the tin as you will need to use this to grip when removing the squares from the tin)
2. Melt the margarine, chocolate and honey in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from the heat and add the biscuit crumbs, mixing thoroughly until coated.
4. Spoon into the tin and push down, smoothing the top. Mark into 16 squares with a sharp knife, and place a mini egg or edible flower decoration in the centre of each, and sprinkle with edible glitter (if using).
5. Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours, then break into the squares and serve.