Try these guilt-free pancakes for pancake day this year - or any day!
With just two main ingredients that you will most likely already have in the house, these moist, fluffy pancakes are so delicious, high in protein, and gluten-free. I actually prefer these to normal pancakes.
Very easy to make for a nutritious, delicious breakfast, brunch or dessert, and the best part is that you can top with whatever you like. I went with honey & blueberries, but anything else like natural yoghurt, cinnamon, raspberries, or even chocolate chips would also taste amazing.
There is absolutely no reason not to try these! (Unless, of course, you don't like bananas...)
Serves 1 (makes 6-10 pancakes depending on thickness)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp milled linseed (optional)
That's really all there is to it ^
I chose to add this linseed, gojiberries, sunflower & pumpkin seeds mix from Aldi for extra nutrition.
1. Mash up the banana until smooth, beat the eggs, then combine together.
2. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan then, using a ladle, pour a small amount of mixture into the hot pan.
3. Cook for a minute or until golden brown like below, then flip to cook on the other side.
4. Then place on a heated plate to keep warm, and continue the process (making sure to oil the pan each time) until all the batter becomes lots of lovely pancakes.
5. Once all finished, top with whatever you wish and tuck in to some guilt-free pancakes that don't even taste healthy!
If you want something naughtier then try my mouth watering blueberry pancakes!