Smoked salmon is good enough on its own. But in a creamy, white wine & parmesan sauce... heaven.
A comforting dish for a special night or a weekend treat.
- 200g fusilli
- 25g butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp white wine
- 150ml double cream
- squirt of lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 120g smoked salmon
- garlic bread, to serve
1. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, and cook the fusilli according to packet instructions, around 15 minutes.
2. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the garlic and onion for a few minutes. Add the wine and bring to the boil, cooking for a further few minutes.
3. Pour in the cream, lemon juice, seasoning, and just over half of the parmesan, stirring over a low heat.
4. When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Stir until the pasta is coated, then add the smoked salmon and mix well.
5. Heat through for a minute, then serve with some garlic bread, and sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top of the pasta.
You might also like to try my tuna spaghetti recipe!